Kristen Yasukawa, ACOE Communications, 510-670-7754
Evan Goldberg, ACOE Mock Trial Manager, 510-670-4233
Last night, Moreau Catholic High School from Hayward defeated American High School from Fremont to win the 27th Annual Philip A. Harley Memorial Mock Trial Competition hosted by the Alameda County Office of Education (ACOE). Moreau Catholic High School will represent Alameda County at the state competition on March 22-24 in Riverside, Calif.
Alameda County Judge C. Don Clay presided over the final competition at the Rene C. Davidson Courthouse in Oakland. More than 100 Alameda County attorneys and judges volunteered to score and preside during the month-long mock trial competition.
An awards ceremony and reception celebrating all participating high school teams is scheduled for Tuesday, March 12 at 5:00 p.m. at Moreau Catholic High School, 27170 Mission Boulevard, Hayward. For more information, contact ACOE Mock Trial Manager Evan Goldberg at 510-670-4233.
The other high school teams that competed in this year’s competition:
- Amador Valley High School (Pleasanton USD) – semi-finalist and 2012 winner
- Bishop O’Dowd High School (Oakland, private)
- COIL Charter School (Fremont USD)
- East Bay Arts High School (Hayward USD)
- Granada High School (Livermore Valley Joint USD)
- KIPP King Collegiate High School (San Lorenzo USD)
- Oakland Tech High School (Oakland USD)
- Piedmont High School (Piedmont USD) – semi-finalist
- San Lorenzo High School (San Lorenzo USD)
- Skyline High School (Oakland USD)
The Alameda County Office of Education (ACOE) serves as liaison between the California Department of Education and the 18 Alameda County public school districts that serve more than 200,000 students and 10,000 teachers. ACOE provides fiscal oversight of the district budgets representing more than $1.78 billion and operates more than 300 programs and services for Alameda County students, parents and educators. ACOE provides, promotes and supports leadership and service to ensure the success of every child, in every school, every day. For more information, visit www.acoe.org.
Director of Communications
and Public Affairs
Public Information Officer
Parent and Community Engagement Specialist
Digital Content Producer
Social Media Channels